Sunday, May 31, 2009

Relaxing weekend

All the pics here --> Click Me

Natalie and I headed over to Whidbey Island this weekend. We were going to try to stay over on the island but after calling around everywhere Friday and Saturday we found everything was either booked or $350 a night. There was one campground that was first come first serve so I tossed some camping gear in the car just in case.

We made it over to the island around 2:30 and headed straight for the first come first serve campsites. By some crazy miracle we ended up grabbing a campsite. So, with our sleeping plans all taken care of I started to explore Whidbey a little. Natalie explored her eye lids for a while which was well deserved after an 18 mile training run that morning...

and I went out to explore the fort that I had heard was cool. I got up to the fort and instantly felt like I was 7 years old. There were so many cool places to climb around and holes to fall in, soooo cool!!

Anyway, I explored around for quite a while and then went back to camp to check on sleeping beauty. On the way down I ran across this little guy

I got back to camp about the time Natalie was moving again and we setup camp, visited with our neighbors for a while and then headed out to a gallery opening that a co-worker of Natalie's was featured in. We had a great time at the art show; one of those times when you look at your watch and time has flown by. From the gallery we headed to eat what would be hands down the best meal I have ever eaten in the US (The best anywhere is currently held by an Italian place in Victoria, BC). I had a plate of mussels that were pulled out of the water that afternoon for an appetizer, and then Natalie and I both had Halibut that was so fresh. Everything at the restaurant was local which = really fresh and you could taste it.

After such a great dinner we retired to our campsite for the night. The next morning we got up and took a little road trip up Whidbey Island, over deception pass, and back over to I5 which took us back down to Seattle. Such a relaxing weekend and I am very sad to see it end.

Next weekend will be spent doing last minute preparations for the TAT (Trans America Trail) ride with Palmer. Meeting Palmer in Memphis where he will have two motorcycles waiting and then we take three weeks to ride from there to the Oregon coast all off-road. Stay tuned...

No comments: